Thursday, June 21, 2012

Dumb dog!

You might be familiar with the 'black dog'? You might have heard of him, met him, even had him come to stay? In the last three months the black dog has been my almost constant companion. Some days he just sits in the corner and catches my eye every once and a while, some days he runs in circles around my feet, and other days I piggy-back him around with me every step I take. I'm NOT an animal person!! I don't like feeling this way. Ashamed, sad, lonely, irritable, confused, negative, self loathing... depressed. It's all there, in my head, these horrible conversations I have with myself, telling myself what a failure I am. Negative thoughts suck. The REAL me is happy, optimistic, hopeful, cheerful, exctied, friendly, inspired and loving.

May 17 came and went, then June 17... no detox, no healthier eating, no return to health, no amazing transformation.

My challenges
  • to stop setting ridiculous expectations that are virtually impossible to meet
  • to stop comparing myself to others and trust that they are not judging me
  • to believe that I am good enough, worthy and capable of success
  • to get rid of this damn dog!



No comments: